The IRS has released their top 10 tax tips for January 2009 and we are presenting the first 5 tips here for you. Make sure to check back with us for more tax tips and great tax services available online for your 2008 tax return.
1. Check you return one more time. When you are ready to file your return online, make sure all the social security numbers are correct and all calculations are accurate.
2. Consider e-Filing. When you file your return online the time it takes to get your refund is twice as fast according to the IRS versus when you file a paper return.
3. Direct Deposit is even faster. When the IRS is able to deposit your return directly into your account, you’ll receive it quicker than if you wait for a check in the mail from the federal government.
4. Take a look at IRS.gov. The government site has all kinds of good stuff including tips, forms, frequently asked questions, and new tax laws that change during the tax filing season.
5. The IRS also answers questions. If you have a pressing question that you cannot find the answer to online, the IRS has a customer service line that you can call with all your tax questions. It is 1-800-829-1040.
If you didn’t get the advice and assistance you needed last year from your online tax preparation provider, TaxBrain is the online tax preparer that you need to use this year. With five different forms of online help and support, you’ll get the answers you need to all your tax questions.
TaxBrain offers Live Chat, Telephone Support, eMail Support, Secure WebMail, a Knowledge Base, and a FAQ option. Chat live with their support team when you are preparing your return or preparing your tax information, whenever you have a question. Their telephone support is available every business day during normal business hours. eMail Support is available if you would like ask a question quickly and get a response in a timely manner. Or use their Secure WebMail service when you need to communicate personal sensitive information.
TaxBrain will automatically determine which forms you need to complete and which 1040 option is most appropriate for you. File your federal tax return, get a fast refund, e-File for free, and get all the advice you need. They will review your return transfer your taxes from prior years, and guarantee the security of your information.TaxBrain is the premier online tax preparation service that you’ll use every year after your use them once.